Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why am I writing this blog?

I am writing this blog to fulfill a dream of mine – to make this world a better place for everyone to live in… What I can contribute to the world or to this era of history maybe be too trivial to mention but I believe if everyone puts in his utmost efforts, together we could make a difference.

Back in March of this year, I bought a book in Taiwan by Amy Cheung Siu Han (Zhang Xiao Xian). She is a rather famous Chinese author of love stories and short articles. I have not read any love stories for the past twenty years so it was a refreshing reading for me. I lost that book on the airplane while I traveled to Hong Kong. After reading that book, a thought came to my mind – if Amy can write love stories I can write about human nature too, after all Buddhism and life are in relation to human nature.

My setback is that I am not much of a writer; I have no talent or training on literature or journalism. I believe in learning, so I am writing this blog to train myself such that some day in the future I may be good enough to be a writer. This is one of the apparent reasons I write this blog.

The other reason is my love of Huayen or Life. Personally, I have benefited a great deal from the study of the Huayen Sutra and from the teaching of Venerable Haiyun Jimeng. Since the launching of this blog, I have to put in extra efforts on understanding and practicing Huayen, which in turns deepen my learning.

Mingte Shi Xiong wrote to me that he was impressed with the advancement on my insights and my progression was a big encouragement to him on his Bodhi Path. Betty found my blog inspiring. Through this blog, I get to know Jason Shi Xiong. As time progress, I wish more of us with the same vision and love of life can be connected together to bring out the best in each of us.

Thirdly, I am treating his blog as my cultivation means, to record and witness my small realization on the Bodhi Path.

Thank you all who drop by to read this blog when you have time. For those of you who gave me comments and feedbacks, you are my beloved benevolent Dharma friends. Any suggestions or ideas to improve this blog or my understanding of Buddhism are very much appreciated.

With unfathomable gratitude
Lung Zhi

(July 10, 2008)

No comments: