Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Giving you incentive

While I am writing this blog, my mind is so focus that I can treat writing as an amusingly good way of cultivation.

I need a clear and undisturbed mind to put my thoughts into words. At times, I am so devoted and absorbed into my writing that I require a transitional period for me to awake myself from the writing realm to the mundane realm.

Since I start writing, I am conscious about the use of vocabulary, grammar, spelling, sentence structure etc. When I hear or see a new phrase or word, I will contemplate in my mind – what does it mean, how to express the term correctly, is there a better way of using that phrase?

My attention level and point of focus shift along the way. I become more aware of the external attributes, my internal thoughts and emotions, and the interactions between the two. When I encounter a situation, I notice how my mind and body react, how my reactions in turn affect the situation. How can I capture the external and internal happenings and put them into words? How my writings can express myself or bring out a point so that it can benefit the readers? How can I share my fortune or merits with others through the articles?

So far, I find this line of work rather rewarding. I am not imposing anything on anyone. If the readers enjoy my articles, they will visit the blog. If someone dislikes my writings or ideas, they choose not to come back or write me a comment. I see this as a win-win situation.

Seeing a novice like me has the courage to write, you should have the incentive to do the same or even better!

(July 16, 2008)

No comments: