Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sharing of experience

I received the following email from my dharma friend:

"I would like to share my experience with you.

Last week, I started to check your write-up on Chapter 48 of the Huayen Sutra as soon as I finished reciting the chapter, and it took me a good half hour to locate your quote. Obviously, that part didn't leave a slight mark in my mind. Amazing how true it is.... everything is out there, do you see it? Are you aware of its existence? ... (Well, I can also blame my level of sutra understanding and interpretation.)

Today, I recited Chapter 49. Again, I checked your comment afterward. In fact, as I came to reciting the phrase “the millions of obstacles that were encountered” (所得的百萬障門), it rang a little bell. But, when I checked your blog, it was the one which Jason Shi Xiong had commented on.... now I remember. The second time around reading it (especially after reciting the chapter itself), makes a difference. Now that I know the topic better through the reciting, I can better relate to your feeling (感受), and your learning (心得) becomes more beneficial to me. As I was reciting, I was impressed with each and every obstacle (障門)... even the slightest thing you do not think of can be a hindrance. As HeShang said that one must process a wholesome character (人格一定要健全), which is a pre-requisite for becoming a Buddhist.

Also, I have to confess that today I have made up my mind to be persistent (精進) ....wish this state of mind will be maintained consistently. If this slips off, please give me a kick.

Although my appreciation is beyond words, please accept 'thanks' from the bottom of my heart for your blog, for being so inspiring, and for being you. "

(July 9, 2008)

Original Posting: 華嚴心分享—百萬障門生
http://anuttara-huayen.blogspot.com/2008/06/blog-post_20.html#links

No comments: