Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heart Sutra Empowerment

Last weekend my friend and I went to a two-day “Heart Sutra Empowerment”- Tibetan tradition. I totally enjoyed this event.

The best part of the Empowerment was the chanting in Tibetan. There were seven Tibetan monks with two of them being Rinpoches. During the chanting, there was extensive use of Tibetan musical instruments like drums, trumpets, horns and the like. I loved the chanting. The whole experience was divine. I was all charged up and refreshed. When my other friends meditated with me the next day, they were stunned by my energy level and wondered what I had done on the weekend.

I did not know about the empowerment until three days beforehand. However I had turned down two other appointments for that weekend weeks before, as I was very behind with my paper works. The empowerment came along as a very pleasant surprise.

Venerable Haiyun Jimeng always taught us the following principle: “All a practitioner needs to do is to be completely devoted to the cultivation and the Dharma Protectors (Life’s incidents/happenings) will take care of the rest for him or her.” That is exactly what I am trying to comply or try out. So far so good.

I am having a very good life right now. Do not know how long that will last. But how long it will last is my least worry as I am enjoying every moment of it…

(July 8, 2008)

No comments: