Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sex and the City

Sex and the City

I saw the movie Sex and the City with my friend yesterday. I have never seen the TV series once and I have no idea about the story line.

For the last hour of the movie, I cried non stop. It was so sad that people who loved each other are hurting each other through misunderstanding, being selfish and self–centered.

Three out of the four main characters were unhappy because they either lived in the past (unable to let go of the past) or lived in the future (do not treasure what they are having). Fortunately, the screenwriter finished the story with a happy ending...

In real life, if we can be a bit more thoughtful, considerate and appreciative of our associates, many more people will have a happier marriage/relationship. Authentic practice starts with having a good relationship with your surroundings, especially with your family.

Try not let the past lingers onto you and try not live in the illusions of tomorrow, living at the present moment is what I am working on right now.

“Focus your mind, still your mind, if your mind wonders, bring it back.” Whenever my mind is in the past or in the future, I try to bring it back…

(June 7, 2008)

1 comment:

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

A good girl friend wrote:

After reading your comments on Sex and the City, I would like to share mine with you. I find the movie endearing. It reveals some real people's lives. How these girls live and struggle ... are you happy? how happy are you? How often people are so involved in their own little world, get carried away and lose their focus.

The friendship between the girls is awesome. They always stand by each other in good times and especially in bad times. Good friends are important, but hard to come by. They are one of the many ingredients for a delicious living.