Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quest for the Truth

Few days ago, our Introductory Buddhism Class resumed after three months of disruption.

The class was formed out of unexpected incident and stopped unforeseeably, as everything in life impermanence took precedence. In order to finish off studying the book, we resumed the class.

When the class commenced, it served many proposes: to introduce Buddhism to beginners, to attract more members, to carry out activities as an organization, to socialize after class and so on… There were expectations and pressures.

The class resumed without purpose, maybe just for the sake of questing for the Truth together. So there is much at ease on my part. I am there just to share my understanding of Buddhism to the classmates. And the classmates are there not because of my title, status, knowledge and expertise, all of which I have none. People attend because we like learning Buddhism together. That is great enough for me, hopefully for them too.

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun, may the hills that we climbed alleviate us towards enlightenment!

(June 21, 2008)

No comments: