Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ajahn Brahm's Dharma Talk

My friend wrote to me:

I want to thank you for emailing me the dharma presentation by Monk Ajahn Brahm. I also want to give thanks that my son went to the talk with me yesterday. I think as a 25 year old university educated person, he was curious what this Cambridge Theoretical Physicist has to say in a Science centre auditorium. The fact that Monk Ajahm Brahm is funny also helps. When my son faces challenges in life in the future, I hope the seed planted today will help.

Now..........I will next work on my daughter.

Thanks again


**************

In response to my friend’s note, I was very glad that I saw many young men and ladies attended the first lecture of Ajahn Brahm Toronto series of presentations.

My 3 kids went with me to the Science Centre lecture. They all enjoyed it very much and had a great time. So now it will be easier for me to persuade them to attend any future Dharma talks.

Ajahn Brahn has two books for laymen and beginners:
“Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?”
“Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond”
They are available on line at Amazon.

Have a Great Canada Day Long Weekend!

(June 29, 2008)

No comments: