Monday, November 15, 2010

Comments about the 2010 Summer Family Vacations

Patty asked me how was the family vacation this summer, here are the comments from some of us:

****************************
I guess I can be the first to give a big thanks to Aunt Margaret and Aunt Nancy (even though she couldn't come) for looking for places, planning the trip, and finding the house. Because of you guys we had a great time in the Outer Banks! Even more special thanks to Aunt Margaret who helped cook and clean every meal. I found out that feeding 24 is ridiculously challenging. It's so hard to proportion and estimate how much food you need! This vacation seemed to go by faster than any other vacation we've had in the past. I'm glad that I did get some time off to go to this vacation. It would have been super sad for me to see all your photos and know that I would have been missing out.

I loved going to the sand dunes, even though it was super hot; going to the beach, although not the part where we almost lost Ching...SURFER DUDE gnarly; going to see the lighthouse; and mostly importantly, I loved hanging out with the families! It's been such a long time since I saw anyone that it was so nice and awesome that I got to spend a whole week with you all!

Thanks everyone for making this vacation amazing! I guess I should go back to work now :(

xoxo,
Natalie


************************
I had an awesome timeOpen-mouth smile. Blondie also had fun but now her length is halvedSick smile. it happened because i was swirlin it around in the car then somehow half of it fell off. I miss the other half of blondie Sad smile. that trip went by SO FAST!!

Jacks and Jo


************************
This trip was awesome!!!. I really love having vacations that let me spend time with my family. Especially since we're not going to see lots of you for a long, long time. This trip was full of fun stuff. Making tie dye shirts, going to the beach, playing fun games ( thank you ULP for always taking time to set up games ) and many other fun stuff. Also I want to thank everyone to taking time and putting effort into dinners. They were great! Also want to thank the girls for having to cook twice. This vacation really just made my family relax from all are intense problems of going to Beijing ( witch BTW I'm already there ). Thank you everyone for making this trip GREAT! Hope you guys have fun in your next family trip.

see you soon,
Max


*********************************
Our family had lots of fun for the whole time.

Thanks Nancy, Marg & Oli for choosing such an unique vacation house in OBS, N.C. Laurie & Toni for organizing so many games and keeping the kids
(and adults)
having so much entertainment and spending quality time together.

Thanks Oli & Marg. for looking after all household and grocery matters, and staying behind all the times for the clean up.

Thanks to all the drivers for driving such a long distance. Alfred, Laurie & Su who came all the way from the other side of the coast
to make this family vacation very, very memorable.

Fanny



*************************************
Hello group,
What a great vacation! We had lots of fun. Thank you to all of you for making this trip possible. We know everyone had put in lots of effort to make it possible.
We loved swimming in the pool and at the beach, playing in the waves, boogie boarding and making the tie-dye shirts. Of course, we have to mention the delicious food. All the families cooked yummy food - the Cheung's spaghetti, Aunt Su's paprika chicken, Uncle Laurie's lemon tarts, the Hadley's BBQ chicken, Natalie's casserole, the girls' homemade pizzas and the Tsang's curry and soya sauce chicken. Morgan had fun preparing the water balloons and throwing them at the other team. Special thank you goes to:
  • Uncle Laurie and Toni for the creative games and fun prizes
  • Toni and Adri for helping us with our tie-dye shirts - it was very messy, but they turned out very nicely
  • the girls for making the yummy desserts
  • Matthew, Uncle Alfred and other photographers for taking great pictures
  • Uncle Keith for taking us to look for crabs at night
  • Aunt Olivia for taking care of everything - groceries, cleaning, laundry, etc.
  • Aunt Nancy for finding this house on Rodanthe - sorry that you couldn't come
  • Joey and Jacqueline for playing and watching over us - we had fun making the origami and preparing the placemats - just want to say hi to Blondie
Uncle Alfred and Aunt Olivia - we hope you liked your surprise 30th anniversary celebration. Toni and Adri had put on a great slide show.

Ruby and Jacqueline - happy birthday!
Thank you for a memorable vacation. We hope all of you had an enjoyable vacation as well.
Leigh-ann and Morgan


********************************

I'm not sure if I had fun, but I think I had a good time this year - especially seeing everyone. It was a lot of stress booking the tickets/car/getting to Rodanthe, we'd almost miss our flight leaving SF because I screwed up going to the wrong terminal (again!), but in the end the house was very beautiful. And for that I want to thank my sisters for booking the place.

I was a bit worried about making the lemon tart for the first time and to such a large group of people (sorry Ching/Nat for using up the whipping cream), but it seems it turned out quite well. I also wanted to commend Natalie on her casserole dish. I think Su's only enjoyment in the trip was the cooking. Maybe we could let her cook twice next time.

I don't think I did a good job organizing the games this year. Maybe it was the NC heat. I think I might have even awarded the prizes to the wrong team in the
obstacle race. And Ching's riptide incident was definitely not fun. It was quite scary and I'm just so glad it turned out alright. And of course I think our stay was too short so that wasn't fun. At least we are thankful for the good weather. When I left CA, the forecasts were all thunderstorm for the entire week. It was raining a bit when we drove on the way to the airport.

So in the end, I'd say this trip wasn't that fun, but memorable.

LP


********************************
I think Su's only enjoyment in the trip was the cooking.  Maybe we could
let her cook twice next time.

Not true and in no particular order:

I enjoyed doing nothing especially lying in the pool and getting my tan
I enjoyed doing origami
I enjoyed catching up with you guys to see what's up
I enjoyed meeting Alfred for pretty much the first time. (the last time was
too long ago to remember)
I enjoyed doing tai chi every morning on the deck
I enjoyed cooking but it's hard for 23. So no, cannot cook twice.

And sigh.... man never understands woman.

Regards,
Su


******************************
We had great fun in North Carolina. Next year we should do the same kind of thing, only we should do it here in China.

K.


************************************
This family vacation to North Carolina was TONS AND TONS of fun! It makes me sad knowing that for the next little while, a few of us will be further a part than usual... Hadleys moving to China, Adri going off to school in Montreal, Natalie living in Sudbury etc. Hopefully the next time we are together won't be too long from now.
A big thanks to Momma, Aunt Nancy, and Aunt Margaret for planning such a memorable trip! Thanks to all the Papa's for driving such long and extensive hours and not complaining about it. (Thanks for Dad for stopping every time I had to go to the washroom!)

Thanks to all the designated cooks each night, for slaving over the hot stoves and cooking for 20+!

Thanks to ULP, once again, for the amazing games and prizes! I think we need to do another poll this year for best game.. Obstacle Course? Min to Win? etc.

I know this year I slacked and didn't take many photos, in fear of having to edit and distribute them to a million people. We were saved by Matthew and Dad who were always there camera ready...

Either way... the day I did take out my camera, me and the girls (Adri, Ching and Rubs) managed to take over 300 photos over a short hour under the sun.

To Ching, Adri and Ruby.. I'll send you guys links to download the photos, so you'll have the originals.. Anyone else who wants originals, come visit me with a usb handy! (Atleast 1g in size)

Alright that's it for now.. back to uploading photos.. Thanks for the amazing time family! Can't wait to do it again..

P.S. If our next family vaca is to China, that would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ants

***********************************





No comments: