Sunday, January 18, 2009

Who is luckier?

I received a Himalayan salt lamp from Mary and my son for Christmas.

Chris, my daughter's boyfriend, gave me a rain check as Christmas present. He promised to attend a dharma lecture of my choice with me, and write an article for me to put in this blog, that is the rain check.

Actually, he has attended Ajahn Brahm's dharma lecture with me as my birthday present back in July. And when Master Haiyun was here in November for dharma lecture, I asked Chris to attend with me as my 2008 Chrismas present. However, he was caught up by some school works and were not able to attend.

Out of the love for my daughter, Chris has to listen to lectures that otherwise he would never dare to be bothered with. Fortunately, he enjoyed the lecture. (I have to make sure the lecture suits his taste).

So who is luckier, Chris, my daughter or me? Hopefully we are all winners...

--

1 comment:

Antoinette Tsang said...

That's cute! Indeed we are all winners.