Sunday, January 25, 2009

One happy man at a time...

L.Y. came across a good book from Professor T.M.Fong. He enjoyed that book so much that he wanted to find out all other publications from Professor Fong. I did the search for him since his computer could not type in Chinese.

From the list of publication, Anthony found two books that he would like to read. So I asked my husband to look for the books in Hong Kong; he went to five bookstore and could not find the books. So I asked T.W. to get the books for L.Y. instead, as Terry goes out more often than my husband. Terry replied to me that he had the pdf file of the books so he could email them to us, and he did.

L.Y. wrote to me:

"T.W. just sent me the pdf files of the books.

I want to show my appreciation for you effort to help me find the books.

Nothing is comparable to the joy of finding a good book that you desire.

So you see, you have contributed to my happiness, and happiness is merrier
when it is spread around.

I have to say, the recent period of convalesce seems to be quite productive
for me. I have planned to read Prof. Fong's book and also the Lotus Sutra. I
think I have accomplished my goal. I am also looking forward to our monthly
movie gathering."

All these are trivial incidents. But if we start with trivial accomplishments, it will culminate into snowball effects...

--

No comments: