Friday, January 23, 2009

Anthony the Angel

I was woke up by my furnace maintenance company early this morning informing me that the service man was on his way to my house for the annual tune-up.

When I opened the door for the service man, I saw an intimate smiling face. I asked: “Have you been here before?” The service man replied: “Yes, many years ago in one cold Christmas holiday period, at midnight, when both of your furnaces were down. I remember your house since it is very unique.”

Faded memories started to surface in my mind. “Yes, he is Anthony Senewiratne. Seven years ago when my furnaces broke down at the middle of the night, he showed up to inspect the problem and told us that we needed new furnaces.” We had a good chat then, and he gave me many good advises. He was very professional and with a great heart.

After almost two hours of work, he was ready to leave. I could tell he had done a very good job; he even went outside to check the outdoor thermostat, to make sure that the humidifier would be working properly.

When we finished up with the paper work, we make conversation again. He told me the changes that had taken place over the years with his company. I asked if I could specify ask for him to do my maintenance. He said that could be arranged.

I have faith and trust in Anthony to take care of my furnace. To me, he is an angel sent from heaven. I am not exaggerating; this is how I felt in my heart at this moment.

I am very thankful to the "SURPREME" that I am always surrounded by angels from all ten directions. Thanks Anthony for lighten up my spirit.

--

1 comment:

Antoinette Tsang said...

He seemed like a very nice man, when I asked him to move his van. He was very smiley. =)