Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yoga retreat in India - my story

Back in November, I was debating if I should go to Taiwan to join the Yoga session held by Da Huayen Monestary in Taipei.

With Venerable Haiyun coming to North America, we were all very busy. Susan of Taipei said I could go at the last minute as all I needed was a plane ticket to Taipei, which could be done easily.

Then I met Cecilia in the farewell party of Venerable Haiyun, before we left for Ann Arbour, U.S.A. Cecilia told me that she was going to join the retreat in India, held by the same Acharya. I thought it would be so marvelous that I could go to India instead of Taipei, since the training should be much more intensive there. But I was leaving for Ann Arbor the next morning, so I did not have time to have a thorough talk with Cecilia till I returned to Toronto.

When I came back, I found out from Cecilia that I needed to have a valid passport (My passport is expiring soon, which was not good enough for the India trip) and a visa. I applied for the passport immediately and got it by the end of November.

Then the Mumbai incident happened and everyone advised me not to go. Thus I did not apply for the India visa. When Cecilia was back from her trip few days ago, I told her about my decision of not going. It is not my own safety but the anxiety that I will put onto my family that concerns me.

So I may go to the 2010 yoga retreat, anyone interests in joining me?

Whatever will be will be, the future is not for us to see...

--

No comments: