Friday, December 19, 2008

How the mind works...

Last night I had a dream and Mingte Shi Xiong was in my dream.

I have never met Mingte and I do not know how he looks like.

The interesting point is that his face and look are my other friend's.

In the dream, I questioned "How come you look exactly like my other friend, C.Y. ?"

Now I realize that our mind cannot produce an outcome that we have no information on or concept about. Either I makeup a new face for Mingte through imagination, or pull one out from the data bank of my mind (in this case C.Y.) , or I have to be in deep samadhi to go beyond forms and concepts.

Samadhi can lead us into a higher realm, but there is danger involved if one does not have wisdom and right view to go with it. This is where benevolent dharma friends and Sutras are essential.
--

No comments: