Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rock Climbing


Yesterday I went rock climbing for the first time in my life. My brother was amazed that his over 50 years old sister could climb. He sent me his condolence knowing that I should be full of pains and aches the next day.

My daughter did suffer soreness today but not me. I learned my lesson while I was doing yoga exercise in Ann Arbor last month. In Ann Arbor, after the first yoga lesson, I was as stiff as a robot the next day. Then I noticed I should not use direct force or bodily power to perform anything, I ought to utilize indirect force or borrow exotic power to carry out duties. Thus I was fine in the following yoga lessons.

I did the same with my rock climbing. I had not used up my body energy to climb up, I follow the flow… Either I am wiser with my age or getting better in my Buddhism advancement…

Can you tell which climber is me, my daughter and my niece in the photo?

4 comments:

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

Beverly wrote:

I like to read what you share about doing things (anything and everything) without brute force but going with the flow. To me,I think you are practising exactly :doing things without "Mong" thinking (wandering thoughts).

With age and buddhism, we are all getting wiser, aren't we?

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

Scarlette wrote:

Buddhist learning are so multi-faceted, what you have described enlightens me to think about myself in how I handle my body.

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

Betty wrote:

Congrats... rock climbing finally... and you did it with style (no aches, eh!)

Antoinette Tsang said...

Maybe the reason why my body was so sore, was because I was using so much external force and energy that my internal body could not handle such challenging channels.

Okay I made that up, but it was my attempt at being wise and thoughtful.