Monday, December 15, 2008

Fringe Benefits

I brought my car to the dealership for a 96,000 km tune-up. The mechanic found out that there were a leakage of coolant in the cylinder head gaskets and a leakage of oil in the side valve cover gaskets. The bottom line was $1950.00 plus tax for the repair on top of the tune-up cost.

I was not ready to pay so much for an old car. So I brought the car to my Dharma brother who owes an automobile repair shop. He fixed my car with a new timing belt for $600.00, tax included. I was so grateful that he charged me so little.

He is a dedicated Buddhist practitioner. And I truly believe that he charges me unreasonably cheap all the times in respect of the time and devotion that I put forth for the Dharma. We hardly know each other on a personal level, but our dedication for the Dharma connect us together.

Each person walks his own path. However, our akin vision will put us on the common ground.

--

No comments: