Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who cares about the Truth?

Yesterday my mom told me a story about the history of a piece of furniture that we found in the attic.

She mentioned that furniture was bought before I was born, where it was stationed when I was young, how it had been travelling around the world with our moving. She had such a fine details of exactly what had happened, very stunning!

I was amazed that I have no recollection of it at all. My memory must be fading very badly.

When I talked to my husband about it, he said that piece of furniture had the style and workmanship of the late 70's and early 80's, so it could not be older than me. Well, if I remembered right, it was bought around that time.

Before, I would search and investigate to prove my mom was wrong. But now, I will not dare to be bothered. Her story is told only to me, it does not concern anyone. She will be upset to find out her memory is incorrect.

I notice and understand that mom is getting old and starting to make up tales or fantasize. The episode indicates to me how our minds can twist things around to deceive ourselves and others.

How is the Truth being manifested? What is the Truth? Where does the Truth lie? When will the Truth be revealed? Who cares about the Truth…

No comments: