Sunday, April 19, 2009

My 1 minute speech

I have given the following one minute speech on my running for the President of HYBCO:

"Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Ling Zhi. I am a dedicated follower of Master Haiyun. I have been practicing Buddhism for over 20 years and Huayen for 8.

HYBCO is the result of many years of hard works and dedication of my colleagues and I.

I am now running for the president of HYBCO as I believe at this infancy stage of our organization we need to build a SOLID foundation so that a strong empire can be built onto it.

At present, HYBCO has limited resources and therefore we should stay focus on the Bodhi path and not have big DREAMS.

Dreams are for wanderers. In our Chan class, we are taught to
"Focus your mind
Still your mind
If it wanders
Bring it back".

So our priority for now should stay focus on the studying and practice of the Huayen Dharma, to provide an opportunity for others to come into contact with this marvelous world of Huayen.

The vote you cast for me is not for Lung Zhi, but for the dharma and your own Dharmakaya live.

Please vote for me so that I can serve you.

This comes from the very bottom of my heart."

I am recording this down so as to remind myself...

--

No comments: