Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reality

Last night, while I was showing my friends the way to the door, we met Chris in the dinning room.

He asked politely: “Mrs. T., is there anything you like me to do for you?”

“Disappear!” I answered in a very heart warming way.

My friend was shocked by my reply and looked dismay. Seeing her complexion, I explained: “I meant to perform the magic of disappearing, doing the impossible.” To me, I was joking around with Chris, and that was not even an insider joke.

Noticing that my friend has misunderstood me, I asked Chris if he knew I was joking with him. He smiled back: “Of course!”

The same words and tune spoken by the same person, different people will take it differently.

Imagine how each person perceives things with numerous viewpoints and attitudes.

What is reality then? Whose reality are we talking about? Which is the authentic one, yours or mine?

(Aug 14, 2008)

No comments: