Saturday, May 31, 2008

My weakness can be my strength

A good friend once said to me: “Your greatest weakness is your greatness strength.”

In our cultivation we try to recognize the short comings and weaknesses in our nature or character, and try to rectify these flaws.

In one of the dharma talks of Ven. Haiyun Jimeng HeShang, he said that we could make use of our most stubborn habitual tendency. If we can recognize that habitual tendency, transform it, purify it and turn it into a virtue, strengthen and nature this virtue till it reaches perfection, then the rest of our virtues will flourish into complete excellence together.

Knowing is one thing, working on it is another. The problem with Buddhism nowadays is all talk and very little practice. Do not advocate any principle unless you have worked it through or at least try.

So I should try to transform my weakness into my strength. Ah… which one should I start with?

No comments: