Sunday, May 25, 2008

Life after death

Anthony’s friend wrote:

Thanks Anthony for your detail analysis.

I think Chinese, especially Taoism, have accepted for years that anything known and unknown are part of nature and thus "Tao"?

For Buddhism, they do not emphasis the term "God" who could comfort you when you are in need. Rather they preach that you have to achieve the level of Buddha to have that comfort? (Correct me if I am wrong?)

Of course, the existence of religion is due to the fear of death and they promise a better life after death...but I wonder whether this is self-deceiving?

I would rather accept the concept that you live a good life while you still have a life?

**************

My response:

I just like to correct a misconception.

Buddhism is not about life after death.

Real Buddhism is about finding out the Truth of Life and how to live our lives to the fullest extent at present.

Only when we can fully utilize our potential, we can live a forever good life. In Buddhism we do that through practice and enlightenment.

No comments: