Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What was on my mind?

Yesterday, while I was watching TV, the screen displayed that there was an incoming call from the 905 area. It was a phone number that I was not familiar with.

When I went to pick up the phone, the phone set displayed it was Erin calling me. While I answered the phone my mind was very puzzle that how come the two call displays did not harmorize.

I answered: "Hello" and the other person asked "Are you okay?"

I was not sure it was Erin. I was so confused by then. "Do you know who am I?", she asked. "You are Erin, right?" "Yes, but how come you sound so different?" she said.

At that moment, I became certain it was Erin on the other side of the phone, so I was back to normal and carried on the conversation with her in my normal self.

The point of my story is that we are so much affected by our surrounding without our being aware of it. I talk to different persons in different tones. And the tone of my voice do send different messages out. I found the incident rather amusing...

--

No comments: