Thursday, July 15, 2010

Condolences to the Wong Family.

Dear Friends:


Condolences to the Wong Family.

One of our Dharma brothers, Raymond has passed away on Monday July 12 in Toronto.

I get acquainted with Raymond in the last month of his life. Scarlette wanted me to brief and prepare Raymond on what to do when this physical body of his no longer functions and how to move on. I had three short encounters with Raymond and Yvonne, his lovely wife. I was deeply touched by the immense affection and love they had for each other. In this age and era it is not easy to find true love, I am grateful that they gave me the opportunity to encounter one.

I asked Raymond if he had anything to regret or worry, he answered that he had no regrets in his life and the only thing he could not let go was to leave Yvonne behind. I replied to him that even though his physical body might pass away, his spirit and contributions would still remain in this world, and they live in the hearts of people that he touched, and I , for one.

Raymond and Yvonne took refuge in the Triple Gems on June 26 under Da Huayen Monastery. Their Dharma names are 能睿 & 能瑞 respectively. We welcome them to join the Huayen Family whole -heartedly and wish that we can be non-regressive Dharma companions on the Bodhi Path, in the many lives ahead.

Tammy and Scarlette will be arranging a Sutra recitation for Raymond on this Saturday, July 17, tentatively 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at Glen Oak Cemetery, if you would like to join us, kindly contact Scarlette or Tammy so the we can arrange enough Sutras.

Sorry that I cannot send this notice out earlier as I was away on a retreat and just came back yesterday.

Feel free to contact Tammy, Scarlette or myself for further details on the Sutra recitation. We will arrange few more recitations for Raymond in the next few weeks to come.


May Raymond be reborn in a realm through of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. May Yvonne take good care of herself and benefit tremendously from the Buddha teachings.


With Metta
Lung Zhi

--

No comments: