Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Loving Sue's mom...

Dear All:

For those of you who remember Sue, and for those of you who has not meet Sue yet, let's send our blessings to Madam Lee for her speedy recovery...

Thanks

Best of Wishes
Lung Zhi
(Let's fill this world with love and blessings)


Sue wrote:
Dear friends:

As I mentioned to some of you earlier that my mom was going to have heart surgery to replace and repair her 3 heart valves because of severe calcification due to old age. With some twist and turns she finally had the surgery operated by a renowned heart surgeon at University Southern California Medical Center last Friday. The surgery itself went very well fortunately. However she is experiencing some complication right now therefore is still being kept in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for differents treatment (one of them is lung infection which is under control as of now, the other one is minor stroke which causing her not being able to move one arm and one leg - but with rehab later we hope she will recover ). Because of her old age she is not recovering as normal speed of a younger patient. It gets difficult for us to see her suffering with all kinds of tubes attached and not able to speak (tubes in her mouth to help her breathing). However I am using my Buddhist practice, doing the best I can to handle all the up and down situtions. I would like to ask you to send my mom a good wish or prayers for her recovery. I would appreciate your help very much.

My mom's name is Mrs. Li Ou Lee (李麗娥)(Li as in beautiful - Mai Li ; Ou - the Chinese character is woman on left side and me on right side). She is 88 years old. Prior to the surgery Doctor said if she go through this surgery fixing her heart valves she should be able to live to 100 years old. All her life so far she has been pretty healthy until now. We are very hopeful.

Thank you all for your kindness and prayers!

Gratefully,
Sue

1 comment:

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

My prayer to Madam Lee. Speedy recovery!

Betty.