Thursday, February 12, 2009

Loving Monica

I was waken up by a phone call this morning by the management office of my rental property. The lady on the phone told me that my tenant Monica was desperately trying to get in touch with me. Monica could not get hold of me by any means and her last resort was the management office.

I phoned Monica right back. Monica was worried about me. I did not contact her to pick up the rental payments for the coming year. She phoned me but it was someone else who answered the phone. She emailed to my different email accounts but never received any reply.

I was on a meditation retreat so I did not check my email nor phone messages. Usually I tell my friends in advance or leave a phone message that I am going away or out of town. However, this retreat was a last minute deal so I was not prepared. Also my computer broke down and I am now learning to use a new computer with everything unfamiliar.

The lady in the management office told Monica that she was the best tenant on earth as she would try all her means to ask the landlord to get the rent. Monica answered that she did not care about the rent, it was my disappearance that created anxiety to her.

Yes, Monica and I have a great relationship, she has been my tenant for almost 10 years. She attended all of the condominium meetings on my behalf and voted for me by proxy. I love Monica, she is such a pleasant person.

Thanks Monica for your caring and sorry that I made you worried.

--

No comments: