Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"SHOULD I CHANGE TO PLEASE EVERYONE?"

I wrote a short note to my friends through email.

Beverly said that my message was too blunt.

So I reply with half joking, half seriousness: it is my habitual tendency, "SHOULD I CHANGE TO PLEASE EVERYONE?"--- that's my existential quest for today...

Beverly wrote back: " Well, I was making fun of you because I thought it was cute.
When you are the eldest of 5(or 6?) siblings and the mother of 5, you 've got to be "blunt" to get things done around the house!"

Anthony commented: "Which message was blunt? I guess I am so used to your bluntness that I don't notice anymore.

There are a few questions to raise your doubt:
SHOULD I CHANGE TO PLEASE EVERYONE;
IS IT DESIRABLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE, OR ANYONE;
SHOULD EVERYONE MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO PLEASE ONE ANOTHER;
these are some of the questions to ponder."

I felt so good to have friends that you can tease one another with...

----

No comments: