Friday, July 10, 2009

Nice Surprise

I went to a Dharma Talk held by DDMBA last night.

The hour before the lecture, I was having a big struggle in whether I should attend or not. The topic and the lecturer was not interesting enough to attract my attention, what interested me is the venue. My discriminating mind was working. Finally, at the last minute, I decided to go, just to show support for a worthy cause.

To my surprise, the lecture was very interesting and well presented. Jimmy's (the lecturer, Guo Gu) sense of sincerity, humor, and vividness was abundant. If I have known the lecture was that great, I would have asked many of my friend to attend.

Jimmy talked about different schools of Buddhism practice is analogy to different packaging to sell bottled water (to quench the thirst caused by greed, hatred and delusion), the essence is the same.

Yes, nowadays, everything is about packaging, without good packaging, the products are very likely to be undersold. With the right packaging and good substance, that is the formula to be successful in selling, even in Buddhism...

--

No comments: