Sunday, August 21, 2011

You'll be shocked to learn how hotel bed sheets are washed in India.

My friend sent me a power-point titled "You'll be shocked to learn how hotel bed sheets are washed in India." and asked about my experience in India?

After viewing the power-point, I have the following comments:

"While I was in India, the river that we lived near by had clear water. All our clothing was washed there and iron pressed before it was returned to us. We swam at that river too as we were told a swim in that holy river would washed away many Kalpas of Karma. Why not? Who doesn't want to be purified?

I have no problem with the cleanliness, what I cannot stand is their attitude (or mode of thinking) which I am not accustom to.

Yes when we watch the DVD "The story of India" the sights are so so beautiful, in reality, there are many facades to a story. I love the movies 羅生鬥, it has "depth".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

What we will encounter is determined by our KARMA...

As I said to Bev this Monday, the Dharma practice that I am undertaking now is "to culminate wholesome roots, merits and good conditions, and I leave the rest to LIFE/GOD/KARMA or the Ultimate Supreme Consciousness (whatever you like to call it).

Plan without planning... "

***************************

A.K. wrote:

As I learned more about the difference between Indian Buddhism and Chinese Buddhism, and likewise, Tibetan Buddhism, I am starting to have a deeper appreciation about the differences in these cultures. These cultures and attitudes are deeply ingrained and we still see their manifestations today. Did Buddhism exert an influence on these cultures or the other way around, that is, these cultural differences gave Buddhism their distinct flavor.

Also, we should not equate Buddhism with Indian tradition. In Vedic tradition, Buddhism is considered un-orthodox. But this is another topic.

A. K.

*******************

No comments: