Monday, December 27, 2010

This year photo contest

From my brother:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all those that made such a great effort in participating in this year's photo contest. Some of my friends commented that our family has such a special relationship that you just don't find with other families. How many people do you know that will spend the time and effort to dress up and take an Xmas photo for their Uncle? For that, I truly appreciated it. And now onto the results....

It was a close call:

1) Most Original - Adri - The Grinch Who Stole Fashion

(Over the summer, the Grinch grew an interest in fashion and with the holidays coming up made the perfect plan: to steal the most expensive and high-end presents. She put on her red high heel boots, got her purse and with her thousand thread-count scarf planned on looting all the gifts on Christmas Eve before the Tsang Holiday Party could begin. As she was making her final escape, she was caught by the Bee-Pee Paparazzi so she struck her most fashionable pose.)










2) Most Humorous - Toni - Gingy


(Gingy caught Santa helping himself to some milk and cookies! Oh no!
"No! Not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!")









3) Best Execution - Matthew - Super Mario



















Some of my comments:

I really loved the caption and the extra behind-the-scene story that some of you gave - that gives the photo an even greater depth. I think some photos were missing an Xmas element as it was suppose to be Xmas-y. Overall, I am really impressed with the creativity and quality. (I think the Tsang's house will be turning into a professional studio soon.)

As for the prizes, I have to keep it a mystery, but like Keith said, I think everyone deserves a prize, so I will see what I can do. I will likely bring them next summer when I see you guys in 2011.

Until then have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LP

---

3 comments:

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

Season's Greetings family,

Just wanted to say thank you again to Uncle Laurie for hosting this fun holiday contest. I'm really happy to see most of us participated. I must admit that I'm a little surprised that I was able to take home a prize, I honestly believe that all my sisters outdid my photo but thank you to all who voted for me =)

In my eyes, everyone came out a winner just for participating. I hope to see everyone participate in next year's competition!

Have fun in Baja ULP and Aunt Su!! To the rest of us I hope you all enjoy a happy and safe holidays!

Matt

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

Out of all the Tsang submissions, "Gingy" had the best costume. Wait a minute! Perhaps the "Grinch Stole Fashion" had the best costume and it was original, too. But, now that I think about it, "Elves Gone Crazy" was the most elaborate and original. Then again, I liked the pose and photography in "Mario."

I enjoyed the submissions "Princess Peach" and "Luigi," the "Shop Girls" and "Santa's Helpers." I think they all deserve a prize.

K.

Lung Zhi 隆志 said...

Nice pics everyone. I am not going to vote...... but I think the Tsang family won.

Merry Christmas!

Sam