Friday, March 27, 2009

To my friend (2)...

How we do things matters more than what we do.

The same course of actions can bring different results due to the different motivations and mind settings.

It is not what you see but how you perceive that matters.

The statues of the sacred help us to enter into / connect to the realm of Perfection 圓滿 (in quality), through the contact of the eye consciousness 眼識 and sight base 眼根 with the matter 色 (statue) .

The statue as a matter is empty in nature, yet it's manifestation and function can be realized.

Take the example of prostration 禮 拜 , we are bowing not to the statue but to pay respects to the all the enlightened ones in all ten directions. We are lowering our body to stay humble and diminish our EGO.

I am talking based on my limited understanding of Buddhism. If I am not to the point, it is my fault and not the fallacy of Buddhism.

--

No comments: