Sunday, October 26, 2008

A poem from my sister on my 20th birthday

As time rolls on...
When memories,
which the long stretching arm of mind can't recall,
lingers only on the pictures
little pals we were.
Strolling thro' the laughs and tears in life,
(and the many times we fight!)
we accompany each other in participating this game.
Our ideas, though so little in common, that we share.
And our pains, though some cherished and some forgotten, that together we bear.
We let tease at and forgive.
We let laugh at and relieve
Words are understood yet need not be spoken
Compromise in love that needs not be undertaken.
As I'm still climbing thro the tunnel of time
and battling, jostling thro the ever
whirling throng on the great high road of life,
They would always be in my heart
My precious sisters
My lifetime friends
To Oli on her 20th birthday
Nancy

No comments: